Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Thoughts

Saturday was the opening day on the Ren Faire. That was a lot of fun. Julius was pretty good in the wrap all day. Livvy did not listen very well. Boo was fine. The only real problem I had was that none of the seats at the Faire have back support and although I can wear Julius all day, I do need to rest my back a little bit at some point. I was pretty achy by the finale. Jon went along, too, so that was fun for everybody.

On the way home the brakes started screeching that they needed changed. So I was stuck at home all day on Sunday, with no way to get to my usual routine of Mass and then Nan's in the evening. I called Nan and told her we'd be over today (Monday). The kids played in their rooms all day - we have been enforcing some quiet time in the afternoon so the baby can sleep. I felt bad about making them stay in their room at first, but then I realized that they were becoming better playmates by having that time together. When we were kids the four of us played together all the time, and that was why I wanted to have a good sized family. So I like to see that n my kids.

Lee and I stayed up until midnight watching the beginning of the first season of X-files.

This morning Lee got right to work on the brakes. The kids and I played outside to keep him company. There's not much gardening time left in this season so we all just played in the dirt and fantasized about next year.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like fun at the Ren Faire!

Oooooo, we love X-files!

Last night I couldn't get to sleep because I was planning what I'll add/change to the garden next year. It's so much fun!

jennifaye said...

Wow, this is the first time i really looked at your blog. It is awesome!

Aren't you glad Lee can fix things?

Mommi