Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pink!

The checkout boy asked if I dyed my hair pink for October, in support of Breast Cancer awareness, etc. I laughed and said no. When October rolled around, I realized that people would assume that - everything else goes pink in October, so why not my hair. But my hair has been pink since June.

After a little thought, I told him that I just like to be different. And I realized right away that it was one of the most honest thing that I'd ever said.



Here is a picture of how pink my hair really is. The blue skin is for contrast. My friend in the neighborhood has a beautiful 6-year old daughter who just had a birthday. She got a lovely set of little girl makeup for her special day, and she and Olivia totally made me up this afternoon. They brushed blue powder all over my face, combed my eyebrows, painted my nails, and globbed gloss on my lips. They were very happy.

No comments: