Friday, March 9, 2007

Wild Hogs





Nan loves Tim Allen.

And there's nobody to take Nan to the movies except me and Lee.

The last Tim Allen movie that came out was the Shaggy D.A. and I took Nan to see that myself, with Boo, of course.

But am I going to take Nan to see a movie about a bunch of middle-aged men on motorcycles? No, that would be a Lee movie. So I suggested that Lee take her to see Wild Hogs.

SO

Much to my dismay, when Nan got off work last night, we loaded up the Elantra with two carseats, mom squeezed in the back between the car seats (shudder) and Nan and Lee in the front. We took Nan to Palumbos to pass time before the next showtime. Palumbos is a pizza joint in the hampden center that Pap used to take Nan to about once a month when he was alive. It was her first time to go back.

Then we stopped into Hancock Fabrics. Mom, do you know that Hancock Fabrics in the Hampden Center is going out of business? Fleece is 40% off. I didn't buy anything, but I was VERY tempted. They had Superman fleece for Boo and Care Bears fleece for Liv, at about $6 a yard.

Then it was time for the movie. The kids (meaning Lee and Boo) played in the arcade while I took Liv into the bathroom to change. Only one small problem. She got the runs between when we left the house, and I was out of diapers! AHHHHHH!!!!! What's a mom to do? I'm embarassed to admit this, but I improvised a diaper out of a changing pad liner and a lot of toilet paper. Necessity is the mother of invention. It worked great.

Then we did the Brave Thing. We took both kids and Nan into the movie, armed with too-expensive movie popcorn and our pockets lined with candy. Well, I will tell you, they were perfect, even Miss Livvy. We sat far away from anybody else and let her sip soda the whole time, and she was good as gold.

The movie? Well, there was some foul humor in it that I would rather not have had the kids see, though Elijah did like the motorcycles. Tim Allen did remind us a lot of dad. Though don't worry, Daddy, we still think you are cool.

The positive side of all of this is I think Livvy is almost ready to start going to church with Elijah and I.

No comments: