Saturday, March 10, 2007

KMOMs Sale

Nan and I went to a sale today. It is a big second hand sale put on by Keystone Mothers of Multiples. It is held in Mechanicsburg. The doors open at 8am. We were there by 7:20 and had to wait in line. It was freezing bloody cold, and waiting outside for forty minutes is not my cup of tea, but it was worth it.

We got an entire summer wardrobe for the kids, plus books, some tapes, and a LOT of toys, including some things for Easter and Christmas. We spent $80, but I'm betting we got $500 worth of stuff, including some nice overall shorts for the kids. We spent $4 just on socks, and got about 32 pair. I also got a beautiful pair of boots for Elijah for next year.

Aunt Linda was at the sale, too. We greeted each other, but it was too packed and we were both too busy snatching bargains to actually talk!

Then I took Nan to the thrift store to get some paperbacks - Saturday is buy one get one free book day at Volunteers of America. Last time Mommi and I went to the thrift store, I saw a bunch of paperbacks Nan would like, so I wanted to take her. I also got a book for Lee (pictured below), and the most adorable tiny little Sunday Missal for myself.


All in all, Nan and I had a really nice time, and the kids are set for summer now.

I have decided that this week I am going to "red out" my old baby clothes and donate them to the thrift store. It is so wrong that I am still hoarding them.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Rachel, way to go on persevering! I've been to that sale a couple of times but I guess I get there too late to find such good deals!

jennifaye said...

I need to hit the thrift store again to get some books for Matthew. He reads like mad. This morning at brekfast he says, "I read too much last night" I just smiled... thank you, God.

jennifaye said...

Yes, I can spell breakfast... lol