Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Old Journal Entry

Cleaning out the basement, I found these two old journal entries. Apparently I only journal when something important is happening; enjoy.



1-14-03

I realize, of course, that there have been many, many other babies in the history of the world. I realize, also, that quite a few of them have been at least as highly anticipated as Elijah, especially first borns. It still feels so special. Lee and I went to bed early and lay close together; Lee spent about a half an hour chasing his son around my belly with his hand. We agree that this time is like a highly prolonged Christmas Eve - or worse!

Even though I know they are trying to be nice, trying to relate, really, I love how angry Lee gets when people at work say negative things. They say things about dirty diapers, screaming, and a lack of sleep. We know that these things are coming, but we are still so excited.

Lee doesn't like these warnings because he thinks that people are saying that they aren't happy to have their children. It's funny to think back on how scared I was to tell him - he says I apologized multiple times - and to compare it to how happy he is now. Stressed, yes, absolutely, but happy. He seems glad to be a father. I can't wait to see his face when I get to give him his son!!

Lee has ice blue eyes, but they are hidden behind his glasses. I like his glasses - they add character to his face. His hair is a kind of sandy brown. Right now it is collar length and looping into big curls. He alsow ears a mustchase an a goatee, which are tinged with red - apparently there is some red hair in his family.

As for me, my eyes are an indecisive shade of gray-green-blue. My hair is almost the same color as Lee's a sort of brown with hints of honey, especially at the ends. I once tried to dye it red, but you couldn't tell. Both of our families are graced with tree-trunk like thighs, large rear ends, and pink easily-burnt complexions.

My family is deeply Christian. We have deeply-held, strongly-felt, and firmly defended convictions... about almost everything. AS A RESULT, WE COME OFF AS KNOW IT ALLS AND SMART ALECKS. We are libertarians, fiercely independent. We believ in the sanctity of marriage and the absolute sacredness of life. My parents even adopted eight kids on top of their four biologicals, making me the oldest of twelve. I'm proud of my family, and I really respect my parents.


2-3-03

Days literally, away from being a mother. I am tired, swollen, overheated, and overwhelmed. A sweek ago today, they thought I had pre-eclampsia, because of my blood pressure being high, and they sent me to the hospital to be induced. I sat in the hospital for five hours only to be sent home because my blood pressure was perfect. I've had two appointments since then, and my blood pressure is still fine. I have been having an increasing number and intensity of contractions since then. My son is now officially a week late. He is going to be induced on the 6th, but his Daddy thinks he will show on the 5th just to spite us all.

That's it. Elijah was born on the 8th. After those entries, life changed completely and I never wrote a journal again until this blog. -sniff- Time flies, though, doesn't it?

p.s. This is really for you, Mommi. I'm glad you love your grandbabies so much, because you're getting another one ;)

6 comments:

Rachel Bostwick said...

Yea!!!!!!
(It's just starting to sink in, Rache ) :)

Michelle said...

Rachel, if this means what I think it does (which I'm hoping it does) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Did your mom tell you I called her a few weeks ago asking her if you were expecting?

Rachel Bostwick said...

Hey Mommi, you are accidentally logged in as me ;) but I think YEA!!!! is about right :> :> And yes it means what you think it means, Michelle :) :) and no, Mommi didn't tell me that, that's funny!

Kaila said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :-D

Kaila

Middy said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I have been very busy at work,tons of overtime as usual. Haven't even had time to 'sneak' a few minutes of catching up on blogs during the day, just hour after hour in my little cube writing thousands of line of computer programs.

So I am sorry it took so long for me to tell you this.

I am so happy and proud of you that God has chosen you and Lee to be responsible for the love , care and training of another one of 'His' children.

You know how I feel about concerns/fears of being able to provide for another child. If God has chosen to bless you with another child he will provide everything you need.

Psalm 37:25

I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.