Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Making Christmas Cookies

Yes, it's a little late for Christmas, but it was fun to put it together :)



I think I will have this made into a 5x7 or 8x10 and have it framed :) :)


I used elements from shabbyprincess.com. They have a few gorgeous digital scrapbooking paper and elements kits completely for free. They are big downloads. Since everything I used in each layout was from a single kit, it all matched already, and I just cut the pieces (in my Corel software) to the shape I wanted, then laid it out the way I wanted.
As far as more info, the first thing that you need for digital scrapbooking is photo-editing or layout software. Now just about every digital camera includes some kind of photo-editing software. You could make simple, pretty layouts pretty easily with almost any software. There is a lot of good information here, http://www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com/index.html and also a lot of free graphics that you can use with your layouts. I'll post more good sites as I find them. Shabbyprincess.com doesn't seem to be recently updated, but the stuff that's there is amazing.

2 comments:

jennifaye said...

Those are really nice.
My 'puter freaks out when I try to download one. Daddy wants to move my 'puter and give me his while he uses his laptop. Maybe tonight.

Mommi

Michelle said...

Rachel, these pages are beautiful! Maybe in my spare time :::snort::: I'll get to make some.