Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tuesday

We got up to study for Lee's English final, only to realize that we had the day's switched. Today was not English but science, in the afternoon, not the morning. So Lee ran to Home Depot and picked up a lawn mower and weed wacker, plus a fire extinguisher, curtain rods, and smoke alarms. We still have more things we can get there, but these were the urgent things! He came home and mowed the lawn. I love how it looks now. You should see the pile of sticks the kids and I had to collect before - it was like a Beaver dam. Mowing was was hard work, but Lee enjoyed it.

Olivia - she is just determined to spread love and joy to the world at large. When we were leaving Home Depot the other day (not today) she told the cashier that she loved her. When a female clerk was giving Lee advice on mowers, Olivia told her "You are pretty. You are beautiful." This is my girl - what an open heart. She is so precious. I am so never letting her out of my sight.

Then he had just enough time to eat lunch and study for science. Right before he left, we found out that he got a final grade of a B in the class he was really worried about. YAY. One down, two to go.

After lunch I hung up all the curtains that we have to have a little privacy in the living room. It makes a big difference!

When he left, I let the kids watch the Chipmunks movie while I took my HTML exam. It was a two hour marathon. THe teacher gave us 60 questions, plus an entire web site to design in only two hours. It was really hard and really much more than a two hour project. I used every second and still feel I could have done a better job. I'm sure it will be fine, though.

Then Lee came home. He surprised me by renting a copy of "Enchanted". It really was a delightful movie and a great surprise. I was cramping pretty badly then so I laid down for an hour nap, then laid down and watched the movie. After that I took another exam, so that I have only one more exam to take. It's going to be a doozy, though.

One of my teachers gave me some nice grace - there was an assignment where we were supposed to write a reflection every week for twelve weeks, share it with the class, and then turn them all in at the end. Well, due to the craziness, I only did 9 out of the 12 weeks. I also turned the paper in one day late. The teacher still gave me full credit - I guess he really liked what I wrote. Thanks, Professor! (He's not reading this but I appreciate it anyway.)

My body is constantly reminding me that it is almost time for this little one to come out. I have contractions all the time. And other pre-labor symptons that I will pass over for the benefit of my male readers. I keep thinking "after exams are over everything will slow down" and then I remember that there won't even be a breath between school and the birth of this little one. It's okay, though. I am so excited for him to get here.

Tomorrow I will take that last exam (I want them done in case I go into labor!) and then try to get all the really important unpacking done - anything that will be harder after the baby comes. I am not worried about the kids toys, but I'd like the living room and the bedroom to feel peaceful, and good access to the kitchen. The key? LOW stress. :) Thanks everybody for praying. I feel your love and prayers around me all the time and it makes all the difference.

In closing, I share Olivia's bedtime prayer tonight: "Dear Jesus, thank you for the beautiful, beautiful world and my piece of cheese."

That's my girl.

2 comments:

jennifaye said...

I can't wait to have some time with my little ones.

Mommi

Michelle said...

Rachel, you and Lee are amazing! Your husband is such a sweetheart and a hardworking man...mowing the grass, studying for finals AND bringing home Enchanted! He ROCKS!! :)

Sounds like the new house is coming along.

Olivia is such a sweet, gentle soul!