Saturday, May 12, 2012

Strange Gratitude, Great Kid

Took the male cat to be neutered today. This is step #2 in taking control of my life, rather than vice versa. Had to get up at 7 after going to bed at 3. My body was informing me in as many ways as possible that the answer to all current problems and any we had previously would be to simply STAY IN BED. Sorry, body, it just doesn't work like that.

Luckily right while I was talking myself into converting from the horizontal to the vertical paradigm, Elijah poked his head into our bedroom. He was already dressed and ready. He is a sensible child who goes to bed early if he knows he wants to get up early, and he had informed me last night that he wanted to come along. Since taking Gabriel, my still attached at the hip 2-year-old was nonoptional, Elijah coming along would really help. It also helped just seeing his face.

Popped the cat into the carrier, drove him out to Timbuktu. Well, Timbuktu by way of the "city." Usually if I am heading out to Enola, I just go the way I want to and let the GPS catch up with me. Today I decided to listen to the GPS. Big mistake. It threw me onto the freeway in exactly the wrong spots that I hate to be in and then LOOPED ME AROUND BACK WHERE I STARTED. Awesome.


We finally found the place. The spay/neuter place is a mobile unit that borrows space donate a few times a month by a local automotive shop, and it's back in the sticks a bit. Elijah took the above shot of a really neat decaying car in the yard. The people were nice, helped me clean out Pippin's carrier since he had pooed himself on the way down (he actually did a nice job hiding it in the newspaper.

After we dropped him off, we drove around. I gave Elijah two dollars to use at a yard sale and he bought a mini stuffed animal bench to give as a present to his Nan. Cuz that's the kind of kid he is. On the way home after picking Pippin back up, Elijah said, "You're welcome for helping with the baby, Mom." and I said, "You're welcome for the two dollars, Boo."

Last night was the first night in almost a month that I slept without painkillers. I am grateful this week for two things I truly hate: Western Medicine and the Welfare System that pays for it.

No comments: