Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Back to Work

Sunday night, Elijah said, "Mommy, please don't go back to work." -sigh- Going back to work yesterday was pretty hard initially, but by lunch time I was fine. Working is not my choice, as it interferes with my actual job, but I do love what I do. I only work part time and I should not sound so spoiled, I know. Anyway. At this second I can not remember one thing that happened at work yesterday. Hmm.

Lee and I stayed up late last night playing on the computer together. This is what we did when we were dating, and when we can actually sit down and play together, it helps us go back to that. Play seems to be the key to reconnecting for us. Our love languages are so vastly different - play is where they touch.

So we went to bed late and just as I was in a good sleep, I hear hacking coming from Elijah. Yeah, he threw up all over himself. He ran over to me, not really conscious of what he was doing. I led him into the bathroom and did the usual mom thing, cleaned him off, that wonderful mid-night load of laundry, hooked him up with a glass of water and a bowl, and we both went back to bed. Up again an hour later. Then a few hours of sleep, got up to take a shower and get the sick-smell out of my hair, and off to work for a ten hour shift.

So of course I was tired before I even got there.

It wasn't a bad day, though long. The reason I am content when at my job is because I do something different everyday. We were short a cashier in the evening, so I manned the counter by myself for awhile. It makes the time go fast.

Then I found out that I had left the lights on in Lee's car all day - so the battery was completely dead. Bryan (our assistant manager) had to jump the car for me. So embarassing.

When I got home, there was a delicious dinner waiting for me - Lee had spare ribs in the crock pot. Yummy! Thanks, chief.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Rachel, I hope Elijah is feeling better now. Lee was such a sweetheart to make dinner. :)

jennifaye said...

Yummy, ribs!

How is my little boy?